This position will establish a recruiting and advising function over a three-year period in Asia and Canada (year 1), Europe (year 2) and South America (year 3) in support of a portfolio of products from the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs to meet annual recruitment of student and annual revenue targets.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
• Develop business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing programs that operate locally, in-country in Asia and Canada (Year 1), Europe (year 2) and South America (year 3) in support of the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs.
• Ensure that all local, in-country recruiting activities around the world consistently and effectively support and extend the brand promise for all Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs products and programs.
• Support and extend the Study Abroad Foundation’s partnership with hosting universities in the US and Europe by overseeing and directing host institution marketing/recruiting visits by Study Abroad Foundations staff members.
• Provide strategic leadership in establishing forecasts for annual enrollment growth, providing key trend analysis information, contributing to decision-making on issues such as market demand for program types, services, and locations, and marketing activities, events and tactics that should be deployed to meet enrollment and revenue targets.
• Provide recommendations relative to the development of programming and products in each region that will drive growth and meet the unique market needs of students in various parts of the world.
• Manage and measure the performance of recruiting and advising teams and business partners that will serve markets in Asia, Canada, Europe and South America.
• Manage, review and refine marketing activities in each of the global regions to ensure marketing messages and recruiting efforts meet the requirements of the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships, and IES Customized Programs.
• Develop a set of Best Practices for International Recruiting that meet all IES Abroad standards for business ethics and transparency, communicate the Best Practices to all recruiters and ensure its ongoing implementation throughout the recruiting department.
• Develop effective systems for staff training, development, and retention, so that all recruiters conduct business
• Maintain ongoing communication with recruiting and advising teams in Asia, Canada, Europe and South America, to ensure the team members feel engaged with and informed about key management decisions, program changes, marketing strategies, etc.
• Build and maintain strong esprit de corps amongst a group of recruiters that will operate remotely.
• Serve as a key communications conduit and knowledge resource to leadership and executive teams to the leadership of the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs, and all other relevant departments, sharing information from the international recruiting department.
• Serve as a knowledge resource to executive teams at the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs.
• Develop effective systems for staff training, development, and retention, so that all recruiters conduct business according to a set of Best Practices developed by IES Abroad.
• Working in concert with on-the-ground, local recruiting teams, effectively develop and manage department budget in a timely and accurate manner.
Cross Department Management
• Work closely with the Enrollment Management function to ensure students receive high quality pre-departure service.
• Communicate relevant information from students about programs, housing, location, and student service interests to executives at Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs.
• Develop effective systems for evaluating recruitment progress.
• Develop systems for evaluating study abroad trends by feeder school, academic disciplines, term length, location, and region.
• Develop reporting systems for tracking changes in feeder school application and enrollment data.
• Conduct regular analysis on student prospects, student enrollments, and college relations changes and share that information with leadership at the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs.
• Coordinate and manage all the local, in-country marketing activities to ensure that locally produced brochures, videos, events, newsletters and other marketing activities support and extend the brand position of the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs.
Provide the appropriate strategic direction, brand positioning and marketing guidance to ensure that all local, in-country marketing activities follow established strategic guidelines for messaging, design and content, tone, and brand.
• At least fifteen years of international education, international marketing and/or recruitment experience (Asia preferred).
• Proven track record in international student recruitment, marketing, and higher education admissions.
Desired, but not essential, skills and experience
• In-country experience in Asia (preferred) or Europe, recruiting for an institution of higher education or a study abroad provider.
• Direct experience in Asia (preferred) or Europe, establishing an international recruitment, sales and/or marketing function.
• Experience recruiting and marketing internationally for academic programs in Asia.
• Experience managing and motivating team members from multiple countries and cultures.
• Strong knowledge of overseas colleges markets, especially in Asia.
• High intercultural IQ.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and budget management skills.
• Strong persuasion and advising skills.
• Ability to organizational and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Exceptional team player: proactive, responsible, with the ability to execute rapidly.
• Self-motivation and ability to work with independently and with little supervision.
• High level of enthusiasm/energy.
• Ability to remain in a seated position for the majority of the day (between 70% -100% of work time)
• Ability to work for extended and continuous periods at a workstation operating a computer, phone and other office equipment i.e., a calculator, copier, printer etc. (between 70% -100% of work time)
• Need to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets from 10% to 15% of work time
Ability to lift or move supplies, equipment, boxes, documents and materials weighing up to 40 lbs from 10% to 15% of work time
• As an exempt position, you may be required to work beyond office hours as defined by the needs of the department and/or organization
This job requires international travel, estimated at 30% seasonally
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties above are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements.
Please note that all queries and applications should be sent to Pam Rodriguez Otten at email@example.com, not IES Abroad. Thank you.
IES Abroad offers more than 100 study abroad programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America for college students-take a virtual tour of some of our programs. HQ in Chicago with 35+ global locations, they work towards the goal of providing once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures.