Babson College was awarded the NCAA Ethnic Minorities and Women's Internship Grant. Babson is committed to enhancing ethnic minority and gender representation within our athletic department staffing and programs.
This is a two year, grant funded position, scheduled to work 10 months but will be paid over 12 months. It is a full-time, benefits eligible position. On campus housing and a meal stipend is offered with this role.
The Athletics Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing a strategic marketing plan to enhance the Athletics and Babson brands. Works closely with the Associate Director of Athletics for Strategic Communications and College Marketing to implement best practices for marketing and social media plans. Assists with other aspects of Athletics Communications, including game coverage and promotion, story writing, and community outreach.
• In collaboration with the Associate Director of Athletics for Strategic Communications, develop strategies to ensure the marketing plan aimed at enhancing the Babson brand focuses on increasing attendance, generating sponsorship revenue, and maximizing the game-day fan experience.
• Responsible for developing, recommending, and executing appropriate strategies for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding new client and community relationships.
• Manage community outreach programs and external events calendar including but not limited to: reaching out to and connecting with town and youth athletics associations to promote Babson Athletics, engaging with Babson summer camps programs to advertise Babson Athletics programs and offerings, and coordinating with student leadership and on-campus entities to create and implement programs that attract high levels of student attendance and involvement at athletic events.
• Independently produce storytelling articles and videos about current student-athletes and alumni to strengthen the visibility of athletics. Collaborates with Athletics, Marketing, Alumni and Friends Network, and Advancement to identify appropriate individuals and stories to highlight.
• Works closely with Marketing to coordinate and implement print and digital marketing and social media plan best practices to further the Babson Athletics brand in accordance with the College's overall publicity strategy.
• Assist the Athletics Communications Director with game coverage and promotion of Babson Athletics events, including writing game previews, identifying and creating stories, compiling statistics, and organizing communications content.
• Assume additional responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• At least 2-4 years of experience in athletics.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability work to work independently and as part of a team.
• Experience working in a collegiate setting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, InDesign, and other media software.
• Able to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, faculty, and other constituencies.
• Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
• Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
• Some nights and weekends required.
• Working hours may vary.
• Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College's insurer's criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College's vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee's driving record based on the College insurer's criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.peopleadmin.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.