The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for all internal and external communications including public relations, digital communication and social media in support of all essential activities of Holy Trinity High School. Our communications are critical in keeping all stakeholders – current and prospective parents, students, faculty, staff, alumni, board and friends of Holy Trinity – informed and current on all school activities. This position reports directly to the President, serves as the liaison to the Board Marketing Committee, and works closely with the recruitment and development staff. This is a full time 12-month position with a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develops and implements a strategic marketing and communications plan
- Manages marketing budget
- Oversees marketing strategy for the school in order to enhance Holy Trinity’s image in the Chicago educational marketplace
- Analyzes and reports key metrics from the website, social media, and advertising and email campaigns
- Creates and writes press releases for school events and announcements; posts releases to website and social media. Submits press releases to newspapers, local schools and parish bulletins
- Develops and maintains a media relations program that includes relationship building with editors of local papers and other online and traditional news sources
- Acts as primary point of contact for media and serve as spokesperson when required. Maintains database of media contacts and library of coverage
- Creates and maintains the development of a media relations program that includes relationship building with editors of local papers and other online and traditional news sources
- Manages the content development strategy for website and social media. Responsible for developing new content including videos, blog posts and news announcements.
- Manages website administration, providing routine updates to existing site.
- Oversees all social media sites including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter
- Oversees the coordination of paid advertising, including digital and print advertising
- Ensures that graphic and editorial standards for brand, identity and logos are maintained
- Responsible for internal and external communications such as weekly e-newsletters and targeted emails to various constituents
- Leads and manages communications and marketing programs to build brand awareness and enhance the image of Holy Trinity High School in the community for admissions and development purposes including school website, social media, and publications
- Designs and produces quarterly newsletters, recruitment materials, fundraising appeals, event material and other printed material needed
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with recruitment and fundraising teams for events and other support
- Works with the business office to maintain stock in the spirit wear merchandise store