|100% - The following statements describe the principle functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including working in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load. |
• Develop and implement the annual marketing plan and budget with contracted agencies and staff based on a strategic plan set by the TDC Council and the BCC. Set specific, measurable goals based on the plan and measure and modify the goals based upon changing conditions.
• Integrate tourism marketing disciplines, including advertising, social media and web while overseeing the development of creative materials, advertisements, media buying, promotions, website, booking engine, SEO, SEM, CRM and social media systems and solutions.
• Demonstrate and communicate a thorough knowledge of product information: marketing initiatives, market research, brand strategy, media, challenges and opportunities (industry and competitive) that will influence the brand.
• Provide planning and leadership to the marketing department by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, competencies, values and measurements are developed and established in order to meet and exceed the marketing plan.
• Ensure all brand messaging is consistent, nurturing and enriching all external perceptions of the organization and growing South Walton’s market share.
• Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
• Work with research consultants to set research plan, gather and disseminate research data to determine the visitor profile in order to successfully market South Walton.
• Conduct analysis during and after campaigns, assessing performance compared to goals and objectives and formulating indicated actions and future recommendations.
• Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
• Develop key metrics to demonstrate the impact of individual marketing initiatives and the overall results of the marketing efforts.
• Report monthly on the progress of the marketing department.
• Develop RFPs and leads or advises on selection process of outside vendors following the TDC’s purchasing guidelines.
• Collaborate with and manage marketing research and web agencies and other vendor partners.
• Ensure contractors are performing as contracted, with timely and accurate reporting and billing.
• Unite stakeholders, industry partners and community leaders around the brand; works with Visit Florida on appropriate cooperative marketing programs.
• Build strong productive relationships both internally and externally, including key stakeholders, partners and community.
• Attend various community events as a TDC representative in order to further the Organization’s visibility in the community.
• Attend BCC, advisory council and staff meetings and workshops, as well as serves as liaison between the marketing committee and the TDC.
• Oversee the administration of the special event grant marketing program.
• Possess comprehensive knowledge and awareness of tourism issues from national, statewide, regional and local perspectives. Maintain a profile in travel industry through associations, committees and marketing cooperatives; travel and participate in industry networking and educational activities.
• Promote a work environment that fosters creative thinking, evidence based decision making, innovative and rational risk taking.
• Develop and lead a marketing team that will cultivate and execute new concepts, business models, channels and partnerships to position organization as an innovative leader in the tourism industry.
• Clearly set expectations for all direct reports. Evaluate performance based upon expectations providing regular coaching and feedback.
• Ensure staff development, empowerment and training in a relevant and timely manner.
• Conduct timely performance appraisals of all direct reports to encourage, motivate and improve staff production and ensure consistency.
• Recommend and manage departmental budget and forecast, ensure operations are conducted within budget guidelines, noting and reporting monthly variances.
• Research and approve marketing related charges for accounting.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
TDC Director of Marketing - • Ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategies to achieve organization objectives.
• Broad usage and understanding of marketing platforms.
• Solid understanding of marketing research and data analysis.
• Possess effective leadership skills, energetic personality, self-motivated and demonstrate a team spirit within the organization.
• Excellent decision-making, problem solving, time management and organization skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, team members and agencies and resolve conflict effectively.
• Solid organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Thorough knowledge of direct marketing and database systems relationships; strong technical understanding of database systems and design, implementation and management.
• A passion for understanding new technology and the ability to quickly learn the latest platforms, tools and marketing solutions/channels. Direct experience with marketing automation a plus.
• Active listener who is a creative thinker and storyteller, translating sales needs into innovative marketing solutions.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other peers in the organization to create insights aligned with an optimal customer experience and contract strategy.
• Strong communication skills including exceptional writing, editing, presentation, and verbal communication skills along with the ability to set style and tone for different audiences.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship building and customer service skills.
• Strong knowledge of local market and its assets.
• Thorough knowledge and experience in managing budgets of excess of $2 million.
• Exceptional strategist who can recognize and define opportunities, establish objectives and develop and oversee the implementation of tactics.
• Clear insight into the consumer decision journey and the ability to translate that into meaningful strategies for increasing visitation.
• Understanding of the full spectrum of marketing activities from research to market planning to execution and evaluation.
• Expertise in channel optimization, brand consistency, market segmentation, and customer engagement through multiple social media platforms.
• Ability to nurture effective talent.
• Knowledge of the operation of standard office equipment, including computers; and in-depth understanding of the equipment and software used within the TDC office.
• Ability to travel and work occasional weekends and evenings when needed and to be accessible on occasion while off-duty.
• Adhere to work schedule and attendance requirements.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, communications, or a related field required. A master’s degree and/or CDME certification are preferred.
• Eight or more years of proven marketing or business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility with at least four years in a leadership role. Proven and successful management of an entire department or functional area required.
• DMO or hospitality industry experience required.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Walton County resident, or if relocating, willingness to live in the area you are promoting.
Application Special Instructions
Please upload proof of education