| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Program Occupational Therapy. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position develops, manages, and executes strategies for effective marketing of clinical services in Occupational Therapy's Community Practice Program. Position is responsible for market analysis and development, implementation, and evaluation of targeted marketing activities. This position also works to develop effective branding and promotion strategies and prepares electronic and print materials for use in marketing/social media/web communications for Clinical Division. Will serve as back up to Program marketing role. Position interacts with clinicians, physicians, clients, internal departments, and external organizations as needed for effective marketing and clinical promotion.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Position is responsible for analyzing the regional market, identifying target referral sources / potential customers and developing / executing a strategic plan designed to expand clinical services. This involves engaging with referral sources such as physicians, social workers, psychologists, community agencies, school administrators and others based on the specific clinical program need.
- Monitor performance of clinical marketing initiatives: analyze, review and report on effectiveness of applications, campaigns, etc. and adjust strategy based on performance.
- Designs in collaboration with clinical programs, print marketing materials for use in promoting clinical services. Develops and executes plan for distribution and continuously evaluates effectiveness of materials and strategy.
- Coordinate and implement social media and marketing strategy for the clinical division in the Program in Occupational Therapy. This includes clinical practice, related research, and continuing education.
- Co-administrator for online content management systems. Create and coordinate clinically related content for ot.wustl.edu to enhance and reinforce brand positioning and maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties. Write, edit, update and proofread web and social media content, keep current with emerging web technologies, and ensure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference.
- Responsible for clinical / practice related event management including continuing education seminars, national conference, health fairs, etc.
- Takes photographs for marketing purposes and maintains documentation and photos according to HIPAA regulations and approved University protocol.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating legal documents related to practices (service contract agreements, Insurance certificates, leases, business licenses, HIPAA agreements with vendors, etc). Assists with ongoing auditing and monitoring of compliance for all practices and communicates with clinical director on outstanding requirements.
- Other duties as assigned to support the growth of the clinical practice overall.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media or equivalent.
- At least 2 years experience in a clinical setting.
- At least 1 year experience in web content management, working with html, using Adobe InDesign, producing media content for the web (video/written) and utilization of social media platforms to promote content.
- Experience writing for print and electronic media and graphic design.
- Have a good knowledge of principles of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Must show discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Able to follow direction and work independently, multitask, and follow through on assignments.
- Must be detail oriented, accurate, and thorough. Must be able to develop, write and edit copy with superior knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Must be able to take excellent quality photographs. Be proficient with Adobe InDesign, and have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom or other photo editing software, as well as Adobe llustrator.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, web maintenance and social media, html, use of the Internet, other computer technology and software.
- Must be flexible, able to meet deadlines, able to handle stressful situations. In-depth knowledge of the different social media platforms and their users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The hiring range for this position is $45,219 - $57,657 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G10.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.