University of Idaho
Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Fan Engagement
Division/College: Intercollegiate Athletics
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $44,949 - $56,930 per year
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Fan Engagement has four primary responsibilities within the University of Idaho Athletics Department. First, they represent the Athletics Department in all Marketing issues and direct all efforts relating to the exposure and promotion of all aspects of the University of Idaho Athletics programs to all our constituency groups including local groups, state groups, student groups and national groups. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing plans and strategies for all varsity sport programs as well as other department entities and units. They are to work closely with the department's advertising agency, Alumni Office, as well as University Communications and Marketing to generate strategies that result in the greatest amount of exposure and revenue generation and positive fan experience for Vandal Athletics. This position also coordinates several other efforts within the department, including managing promotional items and materials to outside groups, developing season/game marketing plans, creating game scripts to match those game marketing plans, and organizing other special events. This individual will be responsible for constructing an enjoyable and memorable game day experience at athletic events by working collaboratively with the marching/pep band, student groups spirit squad, alumni association, President's Office, game operations crew, etc. They will supervise additional marketing staff (assistants, interns) assigned specific advertising, in-game promotions and marketing material distribution as well as efforts to get Vandal Athletics information into the community and across campus. This person will also serve as a liaison to Idaho Vandals Sports Properties (Learfield Inc.) to ensure sponsorship packages are adequately fulfilled.
Second, this position will be expected to manage and expand the Vandal Athletics brand on regional, local and national scale. They will be charged with developing an integrated brand marketing and communications plan that provides a strategic basis for the entire department, guiding both internal and external correspondence as well as public perception. This individual will work closely with the Director of Trademarks and Licensing as well as the Equipment Manager to ensure the department, university community and the general public properly uses the marks and insignias associated with the Vandal Athletics brand. They along with the Equipment Manager will foster a positive and mutually beneficial partnership with the department's official apparel provider.
Third, this position will need to coordinate and assist the ticket office for all ticketing operations including but not limited to: outbound sales, customer service, group packages, secondary development inquires, fulfillment, event staffing and development of ticket campaigns and special offerings.
Fourth, serve as an on-campus and community partner to ensure that Vandal Athletics is a highly visible asset to our campus community. This person will need to be an active participant and develop our community programs on and off campus. This person will rally the campus and community to Vandal Athletic events.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• 3 years experience in public relations or marketing experience, preferably in Athletics
• Ability to handle many tasks at once
• Possesses and demonstrates interpersonal relationship skills such that one can work independently and in a multi-layered team environment while fostering positive relationships, teamwork, and cooperation so that the organization can be successful in meeting its goals
• Willingness to work odd hours and weekends
• Familiarity with data-base computer systems and microcomputer applications
• Knowledge and skills necessary to manage a website and web-based media and advertising
Demonstrated ability to take an idea from concept to implementation of a plan, to executing the plan that will produce a positive outcome.
• Master’s degree
• Demonstrated abilities in Excel and/or Access data base applications
• Knowledge of the University of Idaho and Vandal Athletics
• Demonstrated ability in coordinating special events
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage details
• Ability to manage a joint marketing and ticketing outbound sales program that grows season and individual ticket sales
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001356P
Posting Date: 04/06/2017
Closing Date: 5/6/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency