| The Vice President of Sales is a key member of the senior leadership team and functions as the direct sales business leader for the company. The VP of Sales provides guidance, support, leadership and training to the property level sales professionals. Supporting the SVP of Revenue Strategies, the VP of Sales will achieve the company’s goals and demonstrate a commitment to these goals through work ethic, integrity, passion, and respect for the Company and its associates. This person uses direct sales expertise and industry knowledge to create a competitive, enjoyable, and successful sales culture. The Vice President of Sales is responsible for assisting the Directors of Sales & Marketing, Sales Teams, and the General Managers with short and long term planning and day to day operations of the hotel’s sales & marketing department, including talent acquisition and management, strategic planning, development and execution of focused action plans, and evaluation of productivity and performance. |
• Develop a high performing, competitive sales organization to meet the demands of the business, with creativity and a competitive spirit to produce best in class results
• Support the short and long term direct sales effort by providing guidance to the Sales Teams on the overall solicitation efforts for the Group, Negotiated Transient and Catering segments including goal setting, identifying targeted accounts, developing focused strategies, executing a SMART plan, and measuring results.
• Play a key role in recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, and retention efforts for the Directors of Sales & Marketing and Directors of Event Sales, and assist the DOSMs and DOESs in these HR functions for the entire sales team. Coach and develop individuals to enhance productivity and growth.
• Actively participate in the solicitation and direct customer interaction of top accounts at the property, brand, and enterprise levels.
• Assist the hotel teams in effective distribution through brand programs, e-commerce initiatives, and hotel marketing efforts.
• Consult with the brands and identify appropriate third party vendors to ensure the sales associates have the tools and training they need to be most effective in their roles. Work with vendors to ensure a positive ROI from products and services purchased.
• Assist the hotels with effective and prudent sales & marketing expense manage, including staffing levels and sales & marketing expenses.
• Understand the revenue management strategies to encourage and support the right mix of business based on seasons and market conditions. Work in tandem with the Vice President of Revenue Management to ensure the portfolio is receiving the necessary attention to support defined strategies and action plans.
• As needed, complete the orientation and on boarding of new Directors of Sales & Marketing joining the company.
• Review the Sales Productivity for each hotel, identifying deficiencies, and work with the GM and DOS to develop plans to improve performance and productivity.
• Demonstrate an expertise in the Sales Systems.
• Keep current with all brand sales and marketing systems, tools, standards, and programs and ensures the sales team takes advantage of the brand resources.
• Active involvement in underperforming assets, transitions, and rebranding
• Communicate key market information and sales and marketing trends to the Senior Leadership team
• Participate in the development of the annual business plan, providing guidance on the mix of sales, F&B contribution, competitive positioning, and overall strategic vision to achieve the desired performance.