ALA is seeking a highly skilled and innovative membership and marketing specialist to work with our Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) which is dedicated to the support and enhancement of library service to children and assists its 4,000 members in engaging communities to build healthy, successful, futures for all children. http://www.ala.org/alsc.
ALSC seeks a candidate who will create clear, welcoming pathways for members to engage with and contribute to the work of the association. The ideal candidate will build ALSC membership through the development and execution membership and marketing strategies that align with ALSC’s strategic plan to effectively promote our organization’s programs, services and opportunities for engagement.
Reporting to the ALSC Executive Director, the membership and marketing specialist will be a key member of the ALSC team, responsible for:
- Analyze current membership statistics and trends to identify target markets and develop and implement strategies to reach these markets.
- Enhance member engagement by developing and implementing programs, contests, and opportunities for members.
- Producing and editing marketing and communications content for ALSC benefits, features and services, including items such as press releases, brochures, flyers, email blasts, and other promotional material.
- Successfully market and increase awareness of division member benefits, programs, events, and products to members and potential members using targeted marketing campaigns (print, online, email, and social means) with measurable results.
- Utilizing ALSC’s social media strategy, increase and improve member communications and assist member groups as they develop and implement social media activities into their committee work.
- Manage the organization’s social media profiles and presence (Facebook, Twitter, Higher Logic, YouTube, Pinterest, ALSC website and blog), including responding to postings and to engage and grow our online audience. Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread our brand, our content, and links.
- Serve as a staff liaison to the mentorship program and Emerging Leaders program and work with Emerging Leaders team to develop a project useful to the division. Serve as liaison to ALSC Membership Committee and work with other ALA units to coordinate ALSC, ALA, and divisional membership and messaging efforts.
- Serve as a member concierge to ALSC’s 4,000 members.
This is an opportunity to work in a fun and fast-paced environment that is mission-driven and empowers staff to creatively carry out responsibilities. ALSC’s office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with numerous public transportation options nearby.
Apply online at http://www.ala.org/aboutala/contactus/workatala including a cover letter and resume.
(Additional documents are uploaded on the same screen as your resume)
Send your resume and cover letter to:
American Library Association
Human Resources Department
50 E. Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
The American Library Association is an equal opportunity employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.