Reporting to the Associate Director for Membership Business Services the Membership and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for managing several key aspects of the Campus Recreation Center:
1) Develop and lead the Campus Recreation Center’s (CRC) member recruitment, engagement, and retention strategies including both internal and external to the university (i.e. alumni, faculty, staff, supplemental memberships, corporate and community).
2) Maintain and manage all membership services business activities.
3) Develop and supervise 6-8 student staff working in the membership sales area.
4) Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans.
5) Identify ways to increase revenue generating opportunities in the areas of membership service and facility rentals.
- Responsible for the development, direction and evaluation of comprehensive marketing and branding strategies for the department’s membership services.
- Produce and maintain an action plan and time line for all marketing campaigns to include evaluation and assessment of the effectiveness and penetration of all campaigns.
- Oversee the creation and production of printed materials and continuously updates and enhances the departmental website and social media outlets.
- Develop and lead the CRC’s member recruitment strategy including new member marketing, promotions, trial membership, tours, orientations, surveys, events, and member referral program.
- Coordinate the member retention program including member appreciation events, renewals, retention reward programs, and member exit surveys. Solicit and synthesize member feedback, and recommend and implement membership improvement efforts.
- Manage the CRC member listserv messaging. Oversees daily, weekly, and monthly email communications in regards to membership expiration, locker rental reminders, balances on account, and new member welcome messaging.
- Develop customized plans for groups interested in providing memberships for employees. Strengthen relationship with prospective partners through presentations, marketing campaigns and other outreach to connect with outside groups.
- Assesses programming effectiveness and satisfaction within marketing and outreach as it relates to industry trends on a yearly basis.
- Meet or exceed established membership revenue targets.
Membership Services and Revenue Generation
- Develop strategies for increasing revenue in the areas of memberships, facility rentals, external sponsorships, donations, grants, etc.
- Serve as the direct back-up person for the Associate Director of Membership and Business Services.
- Assess and report on strategies to increase member satisfaction, revenue and referral opportunities.
- Serve as administrator for computerized membership, locker and sales software program (CSI).
- Configure CSI software to allow for membership and locker sales and the collection of registration fees for programs and services.
- Update CSI program each semester and throughout the year to reflect changes in program offerings and fees.
- Manage database of paid memberships and locker rentals.
- Utilize CSI program and SAP Business Warehouse to generate monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
- Process, monitor, and input all Payroll Deductions for memberships and lockers in to department CSI software.
- Work collaboratively payroll department to resolve payroll issues.
- Processes all membership changes and cancellation transactions and daily deposits. Maintain accurate financial records for quarterly and annual reporting.
- Supervise all membership, locker and program registration sales.
- Oversee member services desk staffing, including hiring, training and supervising 6-8 student employees and Graduate Assistant.
-Train member services staff on membership software and customer service.
- Create and manage student employee work schedules.
- Ensure appropriate staffing for all hours of operation
- Create, encourage and support professional development opportunities for student staff including training programs, professional association involvement, research, conferences and individual mentoring.
- Complete tasks designated by the Director of Campus Recreation and/or Associate Director of Membership and Business Services.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience required
Excellent computer skills Excellent Business/accounting skills Excellent verbal and written communication skills Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills Excellent customer service skills Excellent team skills Excellent conflict resolution skills
Internal Number: 30018701
About Northern Kentucky University
NKU is a growing metropolitan university of more than 14,000 students served by more than 2,000 faculty and staff on a thriving suburban campus near Cincinnati.
Located in the quiet suburb of Highland Heights, Kentucky—just seven miles southeast of Cincinnati—we have become a leader in Greater Cincinnati and Kentucky by providing a private school education for a fraction of the cost.
While we are one of the fastest growing universities in Kentucky, our professors still know our students' names.